Kai-Koura Craypot - Small
Size:760x420x300 and weigh 9kg.
Materials: Galvinized Steel & Heavy duty plastic
Each pot supplied includes 20 metres of drop line and a commercial quality top float inflated and sent with the pot.
Features of our pots.
- The shape of the pot makes for easy stacking in even a small amateur pleasure boat.
- Put your bait into the molded heavy duty plastic box.
- The bait box enables you to use everything from fish skins and trimmings through to entire fish frames, and is a big improvement on previous systems.
- The bait box is positioned away from the sides of the pot to keep the bait active for up to three days. To eat any of it, the crays have to climb in.
- The bait box's lid is made of a special UV protected plastic and allows for clear display of your details, as required by Fisheries Regulations.
- The pot's rectangular shape also means it tends to stay steady on the sea bed, as opposed to round pots or pots made from lighter materials, which often move around on the sea bed as the swells go by. Unstable pots rarely catch crayfish.
- The throat is a robust heavy duty molded plastic entrance way (not a cheap plastic bucket). The throats slippery one-way entrance makes escape much more difficult.
- The pot's corners hold crayfish for longer as they seem to give a false sense of security, as opposed to the traditional round pots, which the crays tend to get out of after daylight.
- The pot's mesh and escape gaps are compliant with MAF regs
All parts are replaceable on order.
Kai Koura CrayPots are a New Zealand manufacturer of Cray Pots for the recreational fisherman. These successful cray pots are designed and built to last. They stack easily within a small boat, have rounded corners to prevent damage to your boat and vehicle, and are galvanised preventing rust.